- NEWS – check out the latest official news and alternative facts
- THINKING INSIDE THE BOX – 4CD Radio Stars career retrospective out now
- NEW ALBUM UNDER WAY – a life on the ocean wave
- WORDS IN YOUR SHELL-LIKE is now in its second edition. Attention – it’s a book! All Gordon’s lyrics, expanded for the Trump era – read all about it
- OVERVIEW – you are a stranger in these parts? Allow us to hold your virtual hand as you investigate Martin Gordon’s mammalian perambulations
Who is Martin Gordon?
Bassist, composer, producer, incredulous bystander, wilful participant, personal friend of James Bond. Thrown out of Sparks, rejected by Jet, discarded by Radio Stars, spurned by the Rolling Stones, sneered at by Primal Scream, belittled by Kylie Minogue, ignored by Blur and accused of being a fashion victim by Boy George, his career has been a complete failure.
Or maybe you’d care to stop by the alternative biog?
Martin Gordon’s solo career began with the release of the first part of the Mammal Trilogy ‘The Baboon in the Basement’ in 2003. Since then, he has not looked back, although he will not say why. The sixth and final part of the trilogy (‘Include Me Out’) was released in 2013. Some people say it was released on April Fool’s Day, but that’s what some people would say, isn’t it? Here’s an album overview and a view of the simultaneously-published lyric book which covers Gordon’s entire career to date. More recently, Gilbert & Sullivan, Brexit and Donald Trump have been on the agenda.
Sign up for the newsletter – it will drop into your virtual mailbox whenever there’s anything of interest going on. You gotta be able to read, though. Perhaps your cellmate can spell out the phonemes for you. You can leave us a note below, to which Senor Gordon will immediately respond. Do you envy those who seem to have permanent and intimate connections to trend-mongers? Come in out of the cold with our latest insider news roundup. And feel free to comment appropriately, or even inappropriately, on anything you stumble across.
Be seeing you!